An open publishing platform for visualization, social sharing, and data analysis of geospatial data.
- Featured (8)
- 3D (2)
- Archived (3)
- Electronics (3)
- HCI (3)
- Illustration (2)
- Infographics (3)
- Installations (2)
- Interactive (9)
- Mobile Apps (3)
- Motion (2)
- Photography (2)
- Research (5)
- Tinkering (6)
- Typography (5)
- Web Apps (4)
State-Changing Virtual and Physical Rendering to Augment Interaction with Shape Displays.
An immersive interaction space, emphasizing digital experimentation and collaborative participation.
An experimental input device consisting of a soft silicone pad that can sense its own deformation.
A mobile and web app for locating virtually every recycling point in Switzerland.
A real-time auction platform for home owners to sell their excess solar power to the grid.
Using visible light as a wireless communication medium for mobile devices.
Hardware platform, game client and server for a national telecommunications provider.
A study of deficient typography in public space, and how it can be optimized.
A simple, yet effective method of encrypting text visually by removing bits and adding noise.
3D visualization of the new standard tram stop for the city of Basel, Switzerland.
I felt compelled to make some of these 360° panoramas in order to document the incredible ...
Briefed to create any kind of camouflage pattern, I set out to make a waterproof bicycle ...
A 3D game based in a futuristic setting, played at popular events throughout Switzerland.
Photographic calendar displaying water from the Rhine river over the course of one year.
While working at a subdepartment of the Swiss Federal Authorities, I had to come up with ...
This exhibition poster was a great opportunity to indulge in some unorthodox type design within a ...
For the most part of the 20th century, good taste was all about clean, austere surfaces. ...
Chance had it that I was in Wolfgang Weingart's last class at the (former) Basel School ...
- samluescher: The moment when Apple started to imitate Windows 8. http://t.co/uJhzt6Zzt6 (+ the lost years we spent mastering the Photoshop gradient tool) June 11, 2013
- samluescher: Achievement Unlocked: Epidexipteryx https://t.co/S2PAFMqfUn via @coderwall May 30, 2013
- samluescher: Obviously the average color of a film frame will be rather dull. Nonetheless, neat #visualization http://t.co/hpkew3YBve May 8, 2013
- samluescher: Hard lesson learned [again]: real world just doesn't align with a video feed, a projector AND a virtual world at the same time. #dirtyhacks April 15, 2013
- samluescher: So if there are only 15,700 Google results for #SoMoClo, there must still be at least a couple of startup ideas in there, right? April 9, 2013
- samluescher: @mstem Absolutely, but you should do the little exercises – show up next week, 1st session was just a quick overview of what we've planned. Feb. 7, 2013
- samluescher: Join us to think about your #visual practice in our new #MIT course «Fundamentals of Visual #Communication» today at 4. http://t.co/50MvsUUb Feb. 7, 2013
- samluescher: RT @danariely: Big data is like teenage sex: everyone talks about it, nobody really knows how to do it, everyone thinks everyone... http ... Jan. 7, 2013
- samluescher: Break pomegranate apart in bowl of water to not soil you + #kitchen. Best thing I've learned this week apart from CNC milling! #shopbot Dec. 15, 2012
- samluescher: JJ Abrams at the Media Lab but wise not to answer #Lost plot questions. We don't have all afternoon! #MLTalks Nov. 27, 2012
- samluescher: Late, but: Thank you Microsoft, for Consolas. Monospace font with the prettiest cursive k ever. Never has coding looked better. @FontFabrik Nov. 13, 2012
- samluescher: Our #roadtrip just got equipped with a portable Geiger counter that we'll use to map #radiation levels through Utah and Nevada. @safecast Aug. 3, 2012
- samluescher: Massive coding sprint with @tonydevincenzi at the @medialab, trying to make massive amounts of data beautiful and tangible. April 23, 2012
- samluescher: Watch talk by @lessig now: http://t.co/9KB33tY7. Excited, even though I still haven't finished http://t.co/bisl3qUx I bought 6 years ago. Feb. 21, 2012
- samluescher: Fresh #app out of my furnace: Finally you can use your disposable #mobile device to find out where to #recycle it! http://t.co/6LSygjcl Feb. 16, 2012
- samluescher: RT @ballardian: File under 'WTF': Jamie Oliver finds rare Joy Division/New Order master tapes while excavating for new restaurant: http: ... Feb. 15, 2012
- samluescher: @0zric's Tour thru Frontier Physics at #medialab. #LHC needs to be gigantic ring because it takes more energy to observe tinier particles. Feb. 13, 2012
- samluescher: First day of semester: Talk by Swiss #magician introducing his idea of an MIT #illusion lab. #Future = present + magic. Feb. 6, 2012
- samluescher: In the works for 2 years: I am pleased to release the first public #beta of my universal #Django media manager. http://t.co/x5DDvuRg Jan. 19, 2012
- samluescher: Teaching #Django workshop at the #Medialab. Now in 493. http://t.co/pmzgr3Uj Dec. 15, 2011